The Josh Paul Foundation (TJPF) is a non-profit organization founded to honor the legacy of
the late educator, Joshua Paul Schwarz. TJPF raises money annually, through special events that
Josh Paul was passionate about in his life – education, music, and health and fitness. These
events benefit a scholarship fund dedicated to students that have faced adversity and/or
financial barriers but wish to continue their education beyond high school graduation. There is
also a limited allocation based on merit for this scholarship.
TJPF leadership reviews each application in confidence and makes award decisions based on
the information provided in the application submission.
In order to be considered, the following parameters must be met – and items must be received
no later than 11:59PM on December 1, 2022.
• Applicant is enrolled in Pasadena Independent School District, Clear Creek Independent
School District, or Brazoswood Independent School District in the State of Texas
• Applicant is a graduating senior continuing their education in the studies of music,
health and fitness, or education
• Applicant has a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
• 100% completed scholarship application
• A 500-word essay detailing an obstacle you have faced, how you have overcome it, and
how the strength you have gained from it will help you to be successful in the future
• One letter of recommendation from someone outside of your family
• Your current high school transcript
• All enclosed items should be scanned and saved as one PDF document and emailed to
Scholarship recipients will be notified no later than December 22, 2022. Funds will be delivered
to the college/university, vocation, or trade school, in the recipient’s name/account, upon
registration completion. For any additional questions or further clarification, please reach out